Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Craigslist conversion

It's pretty easy to spam craigslist regardless of their spamming tactics. But what's the real use if conversion is terrible. After a few months I really don't contribute much to conversion over the use of CL. In fact it's disappointing but then I never thought of it as a real traffic driver but more of an experiment. People seem to have the same behavior over print classified ad's, very little response. Unless your giving something away for free. The interesting part overall like many popular sites is there are just too many messages/info to be consumed. You post a message in a popular city and in an hour it's buried by others, CL, or just on another page. I've seen a message posted in a tiny town that will come my way 3 weeks after I posted it. Things just moving too fast.

No comments: