Sunday, April 1, 2007

Adventures with Craigslist, day 1-2

So Craiglists gets alot of users who read and post a ton of messages everyday. So why not post a few messages to get some traffic and see if anybody is actually reading. The system really isn't built for mass postings whether that be manual or automated. So I go ahead and create an email account and Craiglist account and start my first couple of posts. No big deal, just a basic message and post. It works so let's do it to a few more cities. No big deal it seems until the readers start flagging you as SPAM. I don't think much of it and continue with a few more cities. The results are very little traffic coming my way. Natural thing to do is post to those biggest cities shown. After doing that I'm starting to see Craigslist "staff deleted" status with my messages. The fun begins.

No comments: